From 1 July 2015, the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service (RAS) will be responsible for conducting face-to-face assessments of older people seeking support at home, provided under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).
There was a high degree of interest from a diverse range of organisations. As a result of the evaluation process, 13 organisations have been selected to deliver the RAS. Of the 13 organisations, 10 currently provide services under Commonwealth HACC Service Group 2.
The 13 organisations who will deliver the RAS are:
- Access Care Network Australia Pty Ltd
- Australian Regional and Remote Community Services Limited
- Care Assessment Consultants Pty Ltd
- Catholic Healthcare Limited
- Community Options Australia Incorporated
- Feros Care
- Health Administration Corporation (HAC)
- Partners 4 Health Limited
- Resthaven Incorporated
- Serendipity (WA) Pty Ltd
- Suncare Community Services Inc
- The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (Q.)
- UnitingCare Wesley Adelaide Incorporated.
The 13 organisations have engaged over 75 subcontractor organisations. These organisations include for-profit service providers, non-profit service providers, local councils, organisations with a background in the aged care sector, and organisations specialising in the delivery of assessment services across multiple sectors including for Indigenous populations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse populations, people with dementia and other special needs groups.
The related media release and fact sheets can be accessed from the My Aged Care pages of the Department's website.